Friday, March 17, 2006

Passion

It was a saturday, clock showed 3AM. The whole world would be dreaming and sleepin peacefully after week long hard work ... I didn't get any sleep..yet I was dreaming...dreaming abt me hitting a cover boundary... I was so eager and excited...and a bit nervous too...

The day before... I was there along with a bunch of seniors in the school grounds listening to the coach....I couldn't attend the under 16 team selection coz i didn't join coaching then.... since I had to take a 50 mins train journey to my home back and the trains get crowded at peak hours, my parents didn't want me to stay late...unfortunately coaching happens only after school hours...but somehow I managed to get permission and joined the coaching class only to know that the under 16 team has already been selected and registered for the TNCA inter schools...

Since Iam a left handed batsmen..coach looked a bit intrested in me and wanted to c me at the nets..With tall seniors bowling with good pace and bounce, I must admit that I was frightened a bit...but I boosted myself up and took guard to face the pacies...Oh my... First ball got hit on my thigh...was painful ..but didn't show it out...Magana concentrate da apdi solikite next ball, next over..3 overs aadnen...played pretty well..and after 2 hours coach started annoucing the under 19 team...

I was silently praying that i should be in the team...but i thought the seniors would get a chance as they are big n sturdy...well...my goodness...coach loudly called up my name and my joy knew no bounds....It was my dream to play for my school and it was great to get selected in the under 19 team though i was only 15 then....

It was a bright and sunny saturday morning, I took my kit and after a short prayer by mom..left to the grounds of anna university to play my first match for my school....I was bubbling with enthu and felt really excited... after a sligh warm up... It was toss...we won the toss and elected to bat...

Exactly after the 10 th over, I stepped into the field facing the 11 opponents in the field and the batsmen who started coming towards me..Me, with a water bottle, 4 water packets and a towel ran towards the batsmen ...After umpire called "Time" I came back to the pavilion...

well.... yes..I didn't make it to the final eleven ...I carried drinks for the whole tournament. :)
My coach came near me and told "Kanna, this is the final year in school for your seniors da..so that's y i allowed them to play...Dont get dissapointed..u'll be there in the team next year.."

With a slight smile on my face, I ran again into the ground carrying the drinks! ;)

Right from my childhood, Cricket was my passion and still it is!

Well makkale...Kadum veyyil, mazhai, kaathu la laam cricket veladi irukean....aana snow la mattum veladnathu ille...antha kuraiyum last weekend theernthidichi...we played cricket in Snow!! Summer la "Minnesotan Machaans" nu cricket team form pannalam nu irukom :)

Okie...apart from cricket my other passion are music(Playing e-organ) and Photography...Chk few of my cliks here:
http://mycliks.blogspot.com . Will try to update them regularly

22 comments:

logic said...

Going thro the blog now..so oru preview..and to capture the no.1 position..atleast ithulayavahu heheheheeee

Kavitha Jay said...

aiyoo unga 8 peru oda tholla thangala da...snow la cricket aa..kadavle...seri seri..ennamo...nice post daa...;)good to know ur passion..:P

neighbour said...

"batsmen who started coming towards me..Me, with a water bottle, 4 water packets and a towel ran towards the batsmen "

ithula irundha unga cricket passion theriyudhu... aanna avalavu snowla nadakavae mudiyaadha eppadi cricket.. idhu konjam over thann...

ambi said...

Hi, first time here,

nice post..antha water bottle vishayam, really funny.

last over, last ballukellam poi Aadiyiruken. U know one thing, ganguly also carried water bottles in his start of his career.

che sara sara said...

hmmm...that is a real passionate one...
i dont like cricket...coz it starts and then sucks out all the time...

logic said...

MAchi..i know u r passion dear..
but never knew u were water boy once.
But u played major share in the college cricket team anyways right..
and if u remeber the flood lights match..

Mystery:
Snow cricket was too good.Do u play cricket..

kannan said...

nice to see yet another fellow cricketer online... US la cricket famous aaa??? Anyway wish u guys promote the game thr...

how u play in the snow??? the ball will travel ??? yetho velayanda sari...

KC! said...

oru nimisham tension aayiten 15 yrs payyana-ntu, coz you said the day before...ippadi ellarum suspense veri pidichu alayareengale!!!

Ramesh said...

good to read abt your passion daa daks... some photos would be appreciated..

KC! said...

Sorry sorry sorry..ennoda memory weak-nu munnadiye sonnenla, appodhan in immediate succession ungalodadhayum KC-dhaiyum padichen..adhan that small confusion :D

dakaltiz said...

Folks.. Thanks for te comments..and to clarify one thing..we did play in snow...but not on snow..It snowed a bit when we were playing last weekend..but we didn't stop we continued ..it was awesome..we had all our weather gears...jekin, head gulla, gloves..he he he he...

@logic
Machi en idhayathula unakutheene da first idam ;) nakkitena??
yep college team la epdiyo senthu veladiyaaachu...flood lights match in yeri...wow..adhepdi da maraka mudiyum..naan koode 50 off 20 balls adichene ;))

@Mystery
Oyi inna romba koovura? snow la poi aatam matum poduveenga cricket ada koodatha...soopera irunthichi..theriyuma la...

@Neigh
thanks pa..snow varumbothu veladitu irunthom

@Ambi
So neengalum cricket veerara?..thanks for dropping keep coming ambi.... mmm..Anniki match la veladirunthena..india ku oru lara kidachirupaan ;))..I lov ganguly's game..pavam nanbana inimeal ulla vidamaatanga pola..

@Sophie
Thanx ma..guess neriaya ponnungalukku cricket pudikaathu..la?..veladi paarunga..may be u'll get interested..

@Kanna
thnx da..hey naanga enne pa promote panrathu..chuma veladitu irukum..but in summer inge tournamnet la nadakum..last summer we lost..

@Usha
Suspense veri ah? ha ha ha...enne kodumaii ithu usha...

@Rams..
Machi...neeyum football pathi ipdi blog pannuvennu expect panren..how abt a parallel ...lol..photo added da..

@Ammu..
Neraiya matter la konjam konjam vishyam theiyum avlothaan..
Kboard laa chumma kettu vasaikrathuthaan...romba pro laam kidaiyaathu...nalla samaikrenaa?? h ha ha a yaar sonnathu..nestof8 makkal itha paathaangana..enaku thaan gumman kuthu vizhum...and reg kboard..enaku therijatha solren..keep practicing..

dakaltiz said...

@usha..
Ethuku sorry laam..ungala otrathukku oru chance koduthirukeenga..so thanks.;)

Kirukal said...

Aaama...last weekend cricket vilayaduneengala? Illa pazhaiya maathiri water packet, tea ellam kondu koodutheengala?
(Just kidding :)!!!!!)

dakaltiz said...

@Kiruks
lol. well Coke fanta laam edithutu ponen..but it was for us to drink in breaks ;)).. "Tea" la koode kondu povaangala enne..but T iruntha soopera thaan iruku.naan oru coffee/t addict.. ;)

@raz
Thanks for dropping by..Glad to hear that this blog made some sense to you and made u enjoy..talk to ur friends etc...apdiye athu enne code, matter nu share panneenganna..(solra maathiri iruntha) nallarukkum..

kuttichuvaru said...

man, how I miss cricket!! romba naal aachunga!!

BZ said...

Oh god! you played cricket in _snow_?!!
There are other sports one can play in snow you know :))

Anonymous said...

enna sir ? yahoo msgr use pannringala illaiya? buzzing n msgin no response from ur side?

dakaltiz said...

@Kutti
Nestof 8 vaaya..cricket veladuvom ;)
@ammu.
noting someting everything nu etho solta...mm..
well classical laam namakku theriyaathu ..chumma kekavendiyathu..kb la try panna vendiyathu avlothaan..
@raz
sariyana rowdi ya irupa pola ;)
@SK
enna thaan snow games irunthaalum..cricket maathiri varuma..well.romba snow ille sk.it was a slight shower...

KC! said...

congrats! 1 month mela ore post vachirukeenga ;)

dakaltiz said...

Hey Usha...
Thanks ! ;)

Raz:
I'm a no tag blogger..unaku theriyaatha ;)

shree said...

hello dakalti, vera positing podara idea illaya??

Raji said...

Hai Dinakar,
Loved this post. Brought back memories.. I loved to play cricket with my elder brother and his friends. Oru thadavai kooda seerthu kittadhae illai andha mean boys:-(
always ended up being the ball picker, when the ball went over the boundaray. :-)